Sunday 26 January 2014

Secondhand scores...

Crazy week. Finished stripping the master bedroom ceiling tiles, got some more paint on the Edwardian wardrobe, (though it's still not finished,) came up with an excellent new business idea, (this is a weekly occurrence) and sold my original dining room dresser. Instantly. So it's all good.

I'll spare you shots of the ceiling as it's looking awful. I still have to rectify the mobility issue but I've been far too busy. There are blood spots all over the ceiling from my poor skinned knuckles. CSI Hitchin would have a field day if I disappeared.

I will share with you my chazzing/booting finds for the last month or so.


More white stoneware to pretty up the new dresser. Because you can never have too much. Despite what my husband says.


I have two of these platters with the teal green colour now. I feel a collection coming on. The blue and white is much more common.


I'm loving that stained crazing on it. I don't mind if things are chipped or cracked which means I can get them for pennies.

A lovely printed crate...



And this blanket/bedspread. It seems to be hand made. It must have been somebodies lifes work!
Is it called an Afghan?



Again, it's not perfect, it has a few rust marks and has unravelled near the edge in a few places but I don't like precious things. They stress me out.


Especially with these guys around...


They've been enjoying the fact that the kitchen has turned into an adventure playground with all the excess furniture to climb on. 


Bad Bobby thinks he's so cute. I'm glad someone else around here appreciates crates.

One thing I bought on eBay is this...


It hasn't arrived yet so this was the eBay picture. It has lovely rusty iron legs and an old wooden top. I thought it would be nice for the garden.



But it does this...


And I was baffled as to why.

I wondered if it was some sort of sewing machine base? Do any of you know what it is?

Well I figured it out in the end. It's lost its working parts but it would have looked something like this once upon a time...



A folding mangle!



I think it'll look great with a few flower pots on it.

A few last pictures of the amazing skies we've had this week...


This is the view from the bathroom window.



Today is an optimum eBay listing day as it'll be pay day when a seven day listing ends. I'm staying in the warm and dry, clearing out some junk.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.


16 comments:

  1. Fabulous finds EK, I especially like the meat dish and the mangle base....dying to know how much you got it for?
    PS I also love your gorgeous cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was £31 but it came from my paypal money from selling our junk so it was in effect FREE! I just love that industrial vibe.

      Delete
  2. A folding mangle table - of course it is, I knew that... It's great and will indeed look fab in the garden with pots on it. Loving the crates, almost as much as the cats do, BB looks so proud that he fits in the Australian cheese box!
    Well done on all your hard work with the ceiling and the selling, and of course your charity shop/car boot finds are lovely. Gorgeous blanket. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it might be an antique invalid table! To fit round an invalid, propping them in a chair and giving them table space! Never mind, I got there in the end.

      Delete
  3. Lovely finds. I must admit I have had some nice chazza shop china recently. I darent buy any furniture because we are planning on downsizing but I would like to try and find a nice set of shelves to paint up for my growing collection of vintage ladybird books.I am at the stage where I 'sneak' things into the house and then just produce them one day! Tony keeps saying our house is like Steptoes yard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard my hsband say the very same about our place!

      Delete
  4. OMG....is my green colour shining like a beacon over the seas as I'm sooo jealous of all your finds especially the blanket and the table is drop dead gorg !!!!!!! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will look lovely just over a sheet in the summer. xxxx

      Delete
  5. Love the afghan I love anything old and hand made because it is one of a kind and not mass produce love your items and blog .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the blanket! Pickings have been very slim here for quite a while - modern tat has abounded at the carboot :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roll on the spring and summer! The first ones of the year are the best! x

      Delete
  7. Blimey you must have a DIY project list as long as your arm :-) Great buys love the blue and white dish and the crates, bless your cats hide and seek looks there playing :-) Have a great week, dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Longer than my arm Dee. The trouble with buying a fixer upper! x

      Delete
  8. Love that big oval platter in the top photo. Well done on the ceiling tiles- although ouch for your poor knuckles :s xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. those kitties are divine ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!