Sooo, I thought I'd share with you the sheer horror of my pantry as it was! No amount of baskets were prettying this up! Like the rest of the house, it was decorated 40 years ago, and the shelves were imaginatively constructed from a dismembered wardrobe.
Seeking cornflakes in here is not a good start to anyones day.
I had already worked out what would fit by actually building paper templates of the units! The pantry has a sloping ceiling as it goes under the stairs and the back wall has a huge bulge in it to accommodate the downstairs loo but I figured it would be easier to assemble my units and then chop portions off them to make them fit, rather than build some from scratch.
So here are the off cuts.
I painted it all in white water based eggshell so it will stay white despite the lack of daylight in there. Oil based would discolour really fast. I also used a special primer to stop the knots seeping and allow water based paint over it. It was Blackfriars problem solving primer. Great product!
You can get these Trofast units in white but they are the particle board ones and I wanted the strength of the solid pine.
I am going round 2 with milk paint on this one and I'm losing the fight.
I really do not like milk paint. But I had a lot left over...
As you can see, it's in a bad way and is needing a lot of TLC.
I've given up stripping outside and have taken over the dining room. Er, and half the living room.
I'm crossing my fingers for a dry sunday morning so I can get my boot sale fix for the week.