Sunday 22 July 2012

Sunday booty

 Well, the mother of all boot sales did not disappoint. In fact I managed two. The first is held in a farmers field in a village outside York and on a day like today with a bit of sunshine it's humongous!
Then on to the next at the York livestock centre. I think this one is my favourite because they often hold auctions there from house clearances so you get some interesting furniture and a bit more vintage stuff.
Amongst other things I got this sweet chapel chair made from oak. I love the way the oak has turned grey but it has a touch of worm and a missing oak peg so I think I might end up painting it. Paint hides a multitude of sins!


Next up was this old printers tray which has a bit of age to it. I love that it has the makers name printed on it. No idea what I'm going to do with it yet but I like it. I also found some vintage clothing for next to nothing and some Disney Princess tat for my daughter (like we needed more!) I hope your weekends boot sales were equally fruitful!


1 comment:

  1. I like the printers tray. It would look good as a 'serious' cook's herb and spice rack. Or maybe a photo rack, with little pics in each cubby hole...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!