I had heard of it but wasn't entirely sure what it was. I'll let Kate explain it to you here as she sums it up very nicely. Thank you very much to Kate for the nomination! Do pop over to her blog as she is a very funny read.
These are the rules:
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions which are given to you by your nominator
- Ask 11 new questions for all the bloggers that you nominate to win the award
- Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers to win the award
- Go to each of the blogger's pages to let them know about their nomination
Here are Kates questions for her nominees and my answers...
1. What was the first single or album you owned?
My first album was Thriller by Michael Jackson.I loved him madly and while I saved up for it I'd go into WH Smiths and gaze at it. I think I might still have it...
2. What do you have recurring dreams about?
Up to three times a week I have episodes of parasomnia when I can be found on the landing on my hands and knees trying to regurgitate random objects I have 'accidentally swallowed'. I have 'swallowed' marbles, batteries, glass, vintage tinsel, sticks, conkers and many other things. Sometimes I get upset that no one takes me seriously and want to get x-rayed to prove it but we've never got that far. My husband gently assures me I'm dreaming and gradually I remember that this does seem to happen quite often...
3. What was your nickname at school, and why?
At school I don't think I really had one but I've been called 'Space Cadet', 'Big Bird' and 'Phoebe' after Phoebe from friends. I never got that because I'm really much more of a Monica!
4. Have you ever had road rage?
No not really but I do swear like a trouper behind the wheel. It's like driving tourettes.
5. What can't you leave the house without?
A tape measure, and re-usable shopping bags.
6. What song can you sing from start to finish without checking the words?
The wheels on the bus.
7. Ever chatted up a stranger? Dish!
No. Far too shy.
8. What's your Wu Tang name?
Excitable Misunderstood Genius. That is so true! ;)
9. Have you ever danced on the tables?
No. I don't dance. Except in the company of my daughter at home.
10. Where's your happy place?
My bed. Unless I'm having an episode.
11. Can you do the Macarena?
No. I would stuff that right up. I'm not very coordinated.
11 random facts about me...
1. I have a twin brother with a different birthday as we were born either side of midnight
2. One of my burning ambitions is to foster children. One day. When the house is done.
3. Unlike everyone else in blogland, I do not bake. Unless it's an emergency. (If a bought cake is going to cost in excess of £25, then it's an emergency.)
4. I do love to cook though. If I'm not painting something.
5. I scarcely shop in 'real' shops. I like the thrill of the hunt in second hand, the frugality and the recyclability. There's no thrill in a 'real' shop.
6. I have lived in York, California, London, Paris, New York and Hitchin.
7. I was a professional nanny for decades and once looked after a baby prince.
8. If I crashed on a desert island with a plane full of only one type of food, I would choose crisps. I could happily live on crisps.
9. I'm naturally blond but I dyed my hair red at the age of 40. I had wanted to do it for 20 years.
10. I bought the first house I ever viewed. It was love at first sight. It had high ceilings and a walk in pantry. When I sold it, I had 2 people in to see it and the second one bought it.
11. I'd love to have my home in a magazine!
My nine nominees, in no particular order are as follows:
1. Crivens Cottage
2. The Tulip House
3. Mar-ian Makes...
4. The Princess Prudence Diaries
5. Hook, Line & Sink Her
6. Tidy Away Today
7. Doing it on the cheap
8. Made in a Muddle
9. The Barristers Horse
These are all great reads by some funny and very clever ladies. Do check them out!
My 11 questions for my nominees are as follows:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Who is your biggest celebrity crush?
3. What are you scared of?
4. Where would you like a holiday home?
5. Tell me a burning ambition?
6. What is your home decor style?
7. Who is your favourite clothing designer?
8. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
9. What advice would you give your 16 year old self?
10. Whose was the first blog you followed? (Not necessarily in an official followy way)
11. What do you look for and enjoy most of all in other peoples blogs?
Right then, I have some emails to send!